Highly skilled professionals, entertainers, motivators, sportspersons, ministers, journalists, guest celebrities and artists are eligible to apply for the Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa. This visa allows you to stay and work in Australia between 1 and 3 months. Applicants are allowed to include one of their family members or relatives for a visa that would allow them to travel to Australia as dependents.

Best Immigration Lawyers understand that the application process for Short Stay Activity visas can be quite complex and confusing. What sets us apart from other immigration lawyers and agents is the fact that we take our time to talk to our clients about the entire process. We are here to take the load off your back and simplify the procedure, but at the same time, we know you will value our transparency. You will be kept informed on all the details during the application process and regularly informed of all changes and milestones.

Who is eligible to apply for a Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa

The applicant must be:

  • Invited by an organisation that is legally operating in Australia
  • Invited to perform work they are highly skilled or specialised in
  • Invited to participate in ongoing social, sports or cultural activities conducted in the same period the candidate requests to stay in the country
  • Highly skilled, knowledgeable or experienced to assist any Australian business and able to deliver services no one from the Australian labour market performs
  • Freed from receiving any wage or salary in Australia unless under the Highly Specialised Workstream
  • Able to prove they possess adequate means to support themselves for the duration of their stay in Australia
  • Able to prove they have access to adequate means to support themselves for the duration of their stay in Australia
  • In Australia longer than 3 months since the date visa was granted, unless in cases when the Department of Immigration determines the reasons behind the visa holder’s prolonged stay
Categories of Candidates Eligible to apply for the Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa
  • Highly specialised workers who are otherwise unavailable in the Australian Labour Market
  • Sportspersons participating in specific events or touring as a part of a sports team
  • Entertainers attending specific promotional events
  • Journalists, reporters or correspondents covering specific event(s)
  • Academics undertaking research, giving or attending guest lectures, or giving or attending motivational speeches
  • Ministers conducting religious activities
  • Artists holding exhibitions in Australia

Best Immigration Lawyers have the knowledge and experience to represent you in court if needed. In our practice, we have teams of both immigration agents and lawyers who are qualified to appear in front of the judge and argue for your case if need be. You can rely on us to help you receive the Short Stay Activity visa and spend up to 3 months working in Australia.

Contact Best Immigration Lawyers via phone or email to consult.

    Free Case

    Leave us a message and we'll call you back!

    Law Society