People sponsored by an Australian organisation, foreign government agency, Australian government agency, or individuals from the entertainment industry are eligible to apply for the Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa.

Categories of Candidates Eligible to apply for the Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa

The applicant must be:

  • A performer and support personnel for film, television, ballet, opera and circuses, performing in non-profit or commercial engagement
  • Non-performing technical or production personnel for concerts or recordings to be performed in Australia
  • Film or television crew, including actors, production and support staff
  • Still-photographers for all advertisements, including food or travel photography
  • People involved in the production of documentary programs or commercials

Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa allows its holder to apply for their family members and relatives to accompany them on their trip to Australia and stay as their dependents.

Visa holder is allowed to:
  • Stay and work in the entertainment industry in Australia for up to 2 years (24 months)
  • Bring an eligible family member or a relative as their dependant to Australia
  • Leave and re-enter the country for an unlimited number of times while the visa is valid
Who is eligible to apply for the Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa

The applicant must:

  • Receive nomination by an approved entertainment sponsor or a person who has applied for approval as an entertainment sponsor, but whose application has not yet been decided
  • Have the knowledge and the experience needed to perform the work they were nominated for
  • Have adequate means to support themselves for the duration of their stay in the country
  • Have access to adequate means to support themselves for the duration of their stay in the country
  • Obtain adequate arrangements for health insurance for the duration of their stay in Australia
  • Meet health requirements
  • Meet character requirements
Who is eligible to act as a sponsor

A sponsor can be:

  • An Australian organisation that is lawfully operating in the country
  • An Australian Government Agency
  • An Australian state or territory government agency
  • A foreign government agency operating in Australia
  • A permanent Australian resident or an Australian citizen
  • An eligible New Zealand citizen who usually resides in Australia

If the sponsor had provided previous sponsorships to overseas workers, they are obliged to show a satisfactory record of compliance with sponsorship obligations with all Australian laws. Furthermore, no adverse information can be associated with the sponsor or any person associated with the sponsor.

Best Immigration Lawyers understand that the process of obtaining Temporary Work visa can be overly complicated and can take up too much of your valuable time. We are at our client’s disposal at all times to help collect all the necessary paperwork.

    Free Case

    Leave us a message and we'll call you back!

    Law Society