Immigration Lawyers and Immigration Agents in Sydney

Carer Visa, Subclass 836 and Subclass 116

Do you have a relative living in Australia who might need home care 24/7? At Best Immigration Lawyers, our aim is to help you apply for the Carer visa and obtain it as quickly as possible.

Since the establishment of our practice, we had the chance to aid a number of people to prove the necessity of their presence in Australia and collect the essential paperwork to apply for the Carer visa. We understand that in stressful times, you are not looking for the additional hassle that comes with the complexity of the legal process. Our immigration lawyers and immigration agents are at your service to do all the heavy lifting and take you through the entire process stress-free.

Who is eligible to apply for a carer visa

Carer visa is intended for all non-Australian citizens who require a temporary visa to enter the country and care for their family member(s) and relative(s) in need of home care. In order for a candidate to fulfil the primary eligibility requirement, they need to submit proof that any one of the following requires their care:

  • Child(-en)
  • Grandchildren
  • Parent(s)
  • Grandparents
  • Sibling(s)
  • Aunt(s) and/or uncle(s)
  • Niece(s) and/or nephew(s)

Furthermore, the visa candidate is obliged to submit a written assessment of a family member or a relative they are looking to take care of. Under Australian law, the person requiring care is assumed to have a significant impairment which would require care for the period of at least 2 years (24 months). This means that your family member or a relative needs to have their medical condition assessed by BUPA Medical Visa Services to determine which aspects of their lives need your assistance.

A candidate is also expected to prove they have the means and skills needed to provide continuing assistance.

Visa candidate is also required to prove that their relative or a family member cannot be provided the help they need by any other source from Australia. Finally, it is imperative that the person who will receive the visa holder’s care is an Australian or New Zealand citizen.

Note: The visa holder and the person in need of medical assistance are expected to reside in the same location for as long as the care is provided.

Contact us via email or call us to set up a consultation and discuss your situation. Our immigration lawyer will take you through the process step by step so that you know what lies ahead. Our teams are located in ParramattaSydney and Melbourne.

Free Case

Leave us a message and we'll call you back!

Law Society