What is the 190 visa?
The 190 visa is points based and allows skilled workers nominated by a state or territory to live and work permanently in Australia.
What are the 190 visa benefits?
There are numerous benefits associated with this permanent visa.
You can :
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years
- apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
What are the 190 visa requirements?
- Have a relevant occupation that is listed on the skilled occupation list for the 190 visa
- Have obtained a skills assessment
- Have a minimum of 65 points
- Be nominated by a State/Territory
- Be under 45 years old
- Meet all the health and character requirements
- Have at least a competent level of English
What is the 190 visa process?
Each state has its own skilled occupation list for the 190 visa. Furthermore, there may be additional requirements such as living and work experiences in the specific state or territory or specialized skill. You will then need to lodge an Expression of Interest visa SkillSelect. You will have 60 days to apply for the visa if nominated by a state.
You may be either in Australia or offshore while lodging the Expression of Interest and subsequent visa application.
Eligibility & Requirements for the 190 visa?
- Must be nominated
- Be under 45 years of age
- Meet the skills, qualifications and language requirements.
- Have a skills assessment
- Able to claim at least 65 points
How Can I Apply for a Skilled Nominated Work Visa (Subclass 190)?
- Assess your eligibility with Best Immigration Lawyers to ensure you meet the visa requirements
- Gather your documents for the EOI and visa application using our comprehensive and tailored checklist of documents
- Logde an EOI through the support of Best Immigration Lawyers
- If invited, lodge your state and territory nomination application
- If invited by the Department, lodge your Application and ensure post-lodgement requirements are arranged such as completion of medical examinations
- Wait for a decision
What is the 190 visa processing time?
8 – 10 months, once visa is lodged.
What is the 190 visa fee?
Why choose us for your 190 visa?
Australia’s immigration laws are complex and everchanging. It can be challenging to discern the appropriate pathways to get the best possible outcome. Our immigration lawyers and Registered Migration Agents have significant amounts of training, expertise, and experience working with this type of visa. We will be able to streamline the process for you to ensure applications are submitted to the Department as decision-ready. You can book a meeting online or call us on 0292830888.