What is a Subclass 485 visa?
A temporary visa that allows international students to live, study and work after finishing their studies. You must apply for this visa in Australia and hold an eligible visa at the time of application.
There are two streams for this visa:
- Graduate Work stream – this is for applicants who have recently graduated with skills and qualifications that are relevant to specific occupations in Australia’s needs. If approved the visa will be valid for 18 months
- Post-Study Work stream – This visa is for international students who have recently graduated with a degree from an Australian institution. If approved the visa will valid between 2 and 4 years, depending on your qualification.
What are the Subclass 485 visa requirements & eligibility?
- Have enrolled in and completed a registered course
- Have undertaken in course in Australia for at least 16 calendar months
- Have completed your course for a total of at least 2 academic years study
- Meet the English language requirement
- Meet all health and character requirement
- Have evidence of adequate health insurance
- For the graduate workstream, you will need to obtain a positive skills assessment
How Can I Apply for a Subclass 485 visa?
- Assess your eligibility with Withstand Lawyers to ensure you meet the visa requirements
- Gather your documents for the visa application using our comprehensive and tailored checklist of documents
- Lodge your Application and ensure post-lodgement requirements are arranged such as completion of medical examinations
- Wait for a decision
What are the student visa processing times?
Graduate Work stream is approximately 4 months.
Post-Study Work stream is approximately 2 – 4 months
What are the student visa fees?
Why choose Best Immigration Lawyers for your Subclass 485 visa?
Australia’s immigration laws are complex and everchanging. It can be challenging to discern the appropriate pathways to get the best possible outcome. Our immigration lawyers and Registered Migration Agents have significant amounts of training, expertise, and experience working with this type of visa. We will be able to streamline the process for you to ensure applications are submitted to the Department as decision-ready.