Immigration Lawyers and Immigration Agents in Sydney and Parramatta

Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482)

The Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa is intended to enrich the Australian labour market by allowing skilled employees from around the world to enter the country and provide services otherwise unavailable in Australia. The visa can be issued for either 2 year or 4 year period (depending on the relevant occupation) and applicants can also bring their family members to live, study or work in Australia. To qualify for the visa, applicants must:

  1. Have a formal employment offer in Australia for a position that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
  2. Meet the required skills and qualification requirements and complete skills assessment process, if required
  3. Meet English language requirements
  4. Meet certain health and character requirements
  5. Meet additional requirements of the stream in which you apply

In order to be granted The Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa, the applicant is expected to go through three different stages, namely business sponsorship, nomination and visa stage. With our team that consists of some of the most ambitious Immigration Lawyers and agents, you do not have to worry about the complexity and the amount of paperwork that needs to be filled. We are at your service to guide you step by step through each stage.

Other temporary work visas

Temporary Work (short stay specialist visa) (subclass 400)

Short stay specialist visa is for people who wish to travel to Australia to perform short term, highly specialised and non-ongoing work. Generally, the visa is issued for a period of 3 months although a longer period of stay of up to 6 months can be considered in limited circumstances if a strong business case is provided. You are not required to meet an English test criteria for this visa. To qualify for the visa, you must be invited or supported by the organisation you will be working for and have the specialist skills, knowledge or experience that is needed but cannot be easily found in Australia. Our team has experience with processing subclass 400 visas and is able to assist with application and carefully plan the process and lodgement to ensure the visa gets processed in time.

Temporary Work (short stay specialist visa) (subclass 400)

The Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) is for people who wish to come to Australia temporarily to work in activities approved by the Australian Government. The applicants must meet the requirements of the stream they are applying for and demonstrate they are a genuine temporary entrant to Australia. The visa allows you to stay in Australia for a period of up 3 months when engaging in cultural or social events, if you are invited and supported by an Australian organisation to participate in conferences, sporting, religious and other community events. The visa may be issued for a period of up to 2 years and requires sponsorship by an Australian approved sponsor if applying in one of the below listed streams which our team would be able to assist you with.

  • Entertainment, for participation in film, television or live productions in performance or behind-the-scenes roles.
  • Research, when invited to participate in an Australian research project or when undertaking research activity at a relevant study institution.
  • Religious, namely working as a religious worker at an Australian religious institution.
  • Sport, namely playing or coaching at Australian sporting club or participating in a high level sports training program.
  • Domestic work, if work is based in the household of certain senior foreign executives.
  • Exchange programs, under reciprocal staff exchange arrangement to experience another culture, enhance international relations or broaden participants’ knowledge.
Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)

Temporary Graduate visa allows applicants to live, work full time and study in Australia for the duration of the visa grant. To be eligible for the 485 visa you must meet the following requirements.

  1. Completed at least 2 years (92 weeks) of full-time study in a course(s) registered by CRICOS in Australia
  2. Be under 50 years of age
  3. Hold an eligible visa
  4. Meet genuine temporary entrant & nomination requirements
  5. Meet English language, health and character requirements

The 485 visa has 2 streams:

  1. Post-Study Work Stream – can be issued for 2-4 years if you completed a bachelor degree or higher on a student visa issued on/after 5 November 2011.
  2. Graduate Work Stream – can be issued for 18 months if you completed a graduate degree, have an occupation on Medium to Long Term Skilled Occupation List (MLTSOL) and a positive skills assessment.

What happens if I get injured at work?

If you are on a temporary work visa and got injured at work, you may be eligible to claim workers compensation benefits. Reach a workers compensation lawyer to know your entitlements. 

Why choose us?

Our team consists of some of the most ambitious Immigration Lawyers and agents who are committed to helping Australian businesses fill their employment gaps quickly and assist the applicants to attain the relevant work visa in the shortest time period possible, completely hassle-free. We assess your eligibility and help you understand the requirements and processes involved in your visa application, by going through the specific visa requirements and ensuring that your application meets the relevant criteria. Set up a meeting with one of our Lawyers to find out everything about the application process and arriving to Australia quickly and without any issues.

    Free Case

    Leave us a message and we'll call you back!

    Law Society