Immigration Lawyers and Agents in Parramatta, Sydney and Melbourne
If you are an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or eligible NZ citizen you may be able to sponsor your biological or adopted child to live, work and study in Australia.
Who is eligible to apply for a child visa?
To meet the criteria for subclass 101/802 Child Visa (onshore or offshore), the child must be sponsored by the Australian parent or their partner.
The child also cannot have a spouse, de-facto partner or be engaged.
In addition, one of the following criteria must be met:
- Child must be younger than 18 years of age.
- Child must be a full time student between 18-25 years of age and not be in full time work.
- Child must be 18 years or older and unable to work due to a disability and be financially dependent on the sponsoring parent because of their disability.
Benefits of the child visa:
The person who holds this visa can
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible)
Why choose us?
Our Immigration Lawyers and agents can help you assess your eligibility and understand the processes and requirements involved in the process. Book a consultation with one of our immigration specialists today to get advice on the options available. We are conveniently located in Parramatta, Sydney and Melbourne.