What is a Subclass 500 visa?
The visa enables international students to study in any of the eligible course of study; these can be at any level, from school to university. This visa can be applied onshore or offshore.
What are the student visa requirements & eligibility?
- you are enrolled in a registered full-time course of study
- you have a valid Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) certificate
- you meet English language requirements
- you are covered by Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) by an approved Australian health insurance provider for the period of your stay in Australia
- you have enough money for your stay
- you do not have any previous visa cancellations and have complied with conditions of your previous visa.
- you meet health and character requirements
How Can I Apply for a student visa?
- Assess your eligibility with Withstand Lawyers to ensure you meet the visa requirements
- Gather your documents for the visa application using our comprehensive and tailored checklist of documents
- Lodge your Application and ensure post-lodgement requirements are arranged such as completion of medical examinations
- Wait for a decision
What are the student visa processing times?
Processing times vary depending on the level of study.
What are the student visa fees?
From AUD $620
How can I extend a student visa 500?
You can extend your visa if you have enrolled in a new course or if your currently enrolled course can only be completed after your visa expiry date. You should apply well in advance before your visa expires, if you decide to change your course, you may need to immediately apply as your visa is linked to your enrolment.
What are the student visa 500 conditions?
There are numerous conditions. The most important being that work is restricted to 40 hours a fortnight, your visa may be subject to cancellation if this is exceeded. You must also maintain adequate health insurance and remain enrolled in and attend your course.
Why choose Best Immigration Lawyers for your student visa?
Australia’s immigration laws are complex and everchanging. It can be challenging to discern the appropriate pathways to get the best possible outcome. Our immigration lawyers and Registered Migration Agents have significant amounts of training, expertise, and experience working with this type of visa. We will be able to streamline the process for you to ensure applications are submitted to the Department as decision-ready.