What is Regional Employer Sponsored (Subclass 494) Visa?
The 494 visa came into effect on 16th November 2019 and 10,000 places have been allocated to each program year for 494 applicants.
There are two streams for this visa:
- Employer-Sponsored stream – this is for regional employers who want to address skill shortages in regional areas. They must prove that Australian Skilled workers are unavailable to fill the positions.
- Labour Agreement Stream – particularly for skilled workers whose employers have labour agreements.
The visa is valid for 5 years and after three years of holding the 494 visa applicants can apply for a permanent visa subclass 191. This is provided they have complied with the conditions of their visa.
What are the 494 visa benefits?
- it is possible to apply for permanent residence without being nominated a second time, through the 191 visa ( which commences on 16th November 2022).
- It is cheaper for employers, as there is only one SAF levy, compared to 2 for some other visas.
What are the 494 visa requirements and eligibility?
- The visa requires sponsorship from your regional employer, the position must be likely to exist for 5 years.
- Applicants must be below the age of 45
- Possess competent English
- Obtain RCB advice (Regional Certifying Bodies must provide evidence on the employer nomination)
- Employees must also be paid the market rate salary
- All applicants must obtain a skills assessment and have at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
How can I apply for a subclass 494 skilled employer-sponsored (regional) visa?
There are three steps to the application process:
Stage 1: The employer would need to apply for sponsorship; valid for 5 years.
Stage 2: Nomination – The employer nominates a specific employee
Stage 3: Visa application – The person nominated has to apply for the visa.
What is the 494 visa processing time?
Not currently available.
What is the 494 visa fee?
- Employer Sponsored stream- From AUD4,045.
- Labour Agreement stream- From AUD4,045.
- Subsequent entrant- From AUD4,045.
Why choose Best Immigration Lawyers for your 494 visa?
There are many different streams to choose from and a significant number of steps to satisfy before an employee is successfully granted their visa. Our immigration lawyers and Registered Migration Agents can help guide you through the process. Call us on 0292830888 or request a call back.