Best Superannuation Lawyers in Sydney, NSW and Beyond
If you are claiming superannuation, make sure you have the best legal team fighting your case
Employees who are unable to return to work and deliver what is expected of them due to an injury or a diagnosed medical illness are eligible for TPD.
At Best Immigration Lawyers we understand that aside from physical and possibly mental injuries you are suffering, significant financial damages are inevitable. Our job is to build a strong case that will prove you are entitled to receive compensation for the loss.
Who is eligible to submit a TPD claim
If you are unable to go back to work due to an illness or an injury for a period of at least 6 months, you are eligible for claiming superannuation. If the injury is a result of an accident which occurred, you are entitled to submit a TPD claim regardless of the location of the accident and whether or not you were the one at fault. The superannuation receiver can expect to get anywhere between $100,000 and $1,000,000. The exact amount depends on the specifics of the case.
The candidate must:
- Be younger than 65 on the date of ceasing active employment
- Have ceased active employment due to a medical injury (physical or mental)
- Have a TPD insurance policy in place on the date of ceasing active employment
When determining whether or not a person is eligible to receive superannuation, Best Immigration Lawyers consider the following:
- Your transferable skills
- Whether or not you will be able to return to the labour market at any point in the future
- How effectively will you perform your duties should you return to work at any point in the future
While the common waiting period for claiming superannuation is 6 months after suffering an injury or receiving a medical diagnosis that prevents you from returning to work, the waiting period can change depending on the fund you are with.
The process of claiming superannuation
Australian legal system can be quite complex and is prone to changes, so our focus is to help our clients go through the process quickly and hassle-free. Best Immigration Lawyers team never stops learning – we make sure we are updated about the latest changes in the system in order to be able to build a strong case.
While every case comes with a specific set of challenges that need to be overcome, the process of claiming superannuation usually goes something like this:
- We get in touch with your Superannuation Fund to confirm your policy includes TPD.
- If your policy includes TPD, we start collecting documents which prove that your medical condition prevents you from returning to the labour market.
Contact our office to talk to one of our legal professionals and find out more about your eligibility and entitlement to TPD.