Immigration Lawyers and Immigration Agents in Sydney and Parramatta
The Training visa (subclass 407) is for people who are visiting Australia to participate in professional development activities, complete research activities or occupational training. The visa can be issued for a period of up to 2 years, depending on your specific needs and requirements.
The process is a 3 step process, requiring sponsorship by an Australian business, nomination for the position in the relevant stream followed by a visa application.
The 3 types of training visa streams include:
- Occupational training for registration, namely for applicants who need to obtain registration, membership or licencing in their occupation, in Australia or overseas
- Occupational training to enhance skills in an eligible occupation: namely for applicants with suitable qualifications or work experience who need to enhance their skills in an occupation on the relevant skilled list.
- Occupational training for capacity building overseas: namely for applicants who need to enhance their professional skills or require work experience to attain overseas qualification.
To qualify for the visa, applicants must:
- Have a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily
- Be able to support themselves financially during the proposed period of stay
- Have at least functional English language ability
- Have relevant qualifications and experience r for the position
- Meet certain health and character requirements
Why choose us?
Our Immigration lawyers and agents who assess your eligibility and help you understand the specific training visa requirements and processed involved. We are able to prepare your application and training plan and guide you through every step from start of the application until a decision is made. Book a consultation with one of our Lawyers today to assess your options and get the advice you need.