Immigration Lawyers and Immigration Agents in Sydney and Parramatta

If you are an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or eligible NZ citizen you may be able to sponsor your biological or adopted child to live, work and study in Australia.

Who is eligible to apply for a child visa?

To meet the criteria for a child visa (onshore or offshore), the child must be sponsored by the Australian parent or their partner.

The child also cannot have a spouse, de-facto partner or be engaged.  

In addition, one of the following criteria must be met:

  1. Child must be younger than 18 years of age.
  2. Child must be a full time student between 18-25 years of age and not be in full time work.
  3. Child must be 18 years or older and unable to work due to a disability and be financially dependent on the sponsoring parent because of their disability.

Benefits of the child visa:

  • Being able to stay in Australia indefinitely
  • Being able to work and study in Australia
  • Being able to enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
  • Applying for Australian citizenship (if eligible)

Why choose us?

Our Immigration Lawyers and agents can help you assess your eligibility and understand the processes and requirements involved in the process. Book a consultation with one of our immigration specialists today to get advice on the options available.

Free Case

Leave us a message and we'll call you back!

Law Society